Apple A Day are seeking a full-time specialist vocational teacher to join one of our partner colleges in the Swindon area. This is a permanent role with an asap start date and a salary range of MPS 1 - 6 + SEN 1 allowance.
This innovative college is an inclusive specialist provision for CYP aged 16+ with learning difficulties and/or complex needs.
The ideal candidate would be an outstanding Teacher/Tutor who could teach the college's SEND learners on the Pathway to Employment and Independence courses.
Specialist Vocational teachers who could deliver courses such as Vocational Options, Employability Skills, Skills for Daily Living are welcome. The college would also consider a candidate who is looking to move from mainstream to specialise in SEND.
- The successful candidate will have a passion for SEND
- Teaching a range of transferable skills for employment and independence and their specialist area to increase independence for learners (aged 16 +) (entry level up to Level 2)
- Effectively plan teaching learning and assessment, target setting, recording and evaluation of educational programmes
- Ensure that CYP learning experiences are organised in a progression which supports the development of each individual
- Promoting the well-being of CYP and staff and develop good relationships with all learners and parents
The ideal candidate will need:
- Qualified lecturer or teacher, holding a recognised teaching qualification and Level 2 or above in Mathematics or English
- Experience of working with CYP within a Foundation Learning and SEND setting
- Specialism in a vocational area would be desirable (Woodwork, Health and Social care, Design and Technology, Horticulture, Small Animal Care etc)
- Possess appropriate IT skills relevant to the post, or be willing to undertake training
- Be able to demonstrate commitment to learner-centred learning and have the ability to contribute to curriculum development and creation of the materials bank
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, motivational and teamwork skills
The successful applicant will benefit from:
- Support on continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities
- Exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers from cinema tickets, food shopping and holidays
- Impartial counselling service in person, by video call or phone as well as a citizen’s advice function for advice and support on personal or professional queries
- Excellent pension scheme
- Free parking on site
- Annual pay progression opportunities
Benefits of Working with Apple a Day:
- Get paid to scale from day one, for all long-term placements
- Pension scheme
- Access to a variety of ad hoc, short, long-term and permanent roles across Wiltshire and Bath and North-east Somerset
- Opportunity to see if a school setting 'fits' your teaching style before being tied into a contract
- Teacher-led recruitment agency with real world experience in schools across Wiltshire and BANES
Apple A Day is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, any successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing, and all applicants will be fully vetted in line with Safer Recruitment, KCSIE and APSCo guidance.
Please note due to volume of applicants, only successful applicants will be contacted. An Apple A Day Supply is an equal opportunities employer. We seek to ensure equality of opportunity in employment and the fair treatment of all employees. We seek to ensure that no employee or prospective employee will receive less favourable treatment on grounds that cannot be justified. An Apple A Day Supply work in accordance with APSCo Education Sector group code of conduct.