Apple A Day are seeking a full-time qualified Class Teacher for one of our partner specialist schools in the Swindon area. This role has an asap start date and is a permanent role with a salary guide of MPS + SEN1 (depending on experience).
This high performing secondary provision provides education for pupils aged 11- 19 with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC)/Social Communication and Interaction Difficulties (SCID).
The successful candidate will benefit from working in a unique school, with a team of supportive, nurturing and dedicated Teachers and Teaching Assistants who strive to give their pupils the most positive learning experiences possible as they move into adulthood.
The ideal candidate will have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or Qualified Teacher Learning & Skills (QTLS), excellent communication, Literacy and Numeracy skills and experience of working with CYP with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC)/Social Communication and Interaction Difficulties (SCID).
- To prepare and deliver lessons that engage and enthuse the CYP to develop a love for learning
- To have the ability to use ICT effectively to support teaching and learning
- To have an enthusiastic, imaginative and caring approach to CYP with SEND
- To be able to work as part of a team and build positive relationships
- To have high expectations of CYP’s achievements relating to learning, independence and behaviour
- To have the ability to build positive relationships with CYP
The successful applicant will benefit from:
- Support on continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities
- Exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers from cinema tickets, food shopping and holidays
- Impartial counselling service in person, by video call or phone as well as a citizen’s advice function for advice and support on personal or professional queries
- Excellent pension scheme
- Free parking on site
- Annual pay progression opportunities
Benefits of Working with Apple a Day:
- Get paid to scale from day one, for all long-term placements
- Free confidential counselling and mental health support
- Pension scheme
- Access to a variety of ad hoc, short, long-term and permanent roles across Wiltshire and Bath and North-east Somerset
- Opportunity to see if a school setting 'fits' your teaching style before being tied into a contract
- Teacher-led recruitment agency with real world experience in schools across Wiltshire and BANES
Apple A Day is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, any successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and referencing, and all applicants will be fully vetted in line with Safer Recruitment, KCSIE and APSCo guidance.
Please note due to volume of applicants, only successful applicants will be contacted. An Apple A Day Supply is an equal opportunities employer. We seek to ensure equality of opportunity in employment and the fair treatment of all employees. We seek to ensure that no employee or prospective employee will receive less favourable treatment on grounds that cannot be justified. An Apple A Day Supply work in accordance with APSCo Education Sector group code of conduct.